Sunday, December 20, 2009

Final before the Final







Yikes...It is time for my final post yet I have failed to update my blog since midterm. So I am going to take a long look back into the last few weeks and try to summarize those classes. I believe I need to begin with the feet.
I have a thing about feet. I think they are kinda gross and I don't even like mine being touched, so to sit and stare at another person's foot was a big thing for me. I do feel like I got a pretty successful foot drawing out of the experience, so that was good. It was hard at first to draw the structure of the foot from many different angles, because sometimes I had to make up what I was told was there but couldn't see. I think learning the internal structure of the feet was probably the most important because the feet and hands are pretty complex.
The field trip to the cities was a good time. I was a little weirded out at first but once I got over that I really enjoyed seeing all the separate systems that make up our bodies. The nervous system was insane to see, as well as all the blood vessels that made up the shape of whatever body part they were taken from. It was really nice to be able to go to the museum with no itinerary. I enjoyed being able to roam around and just look at whatever caught my eye. I am pretty much in love with the Japanese art area, especially one sculpture in particular (the clay spiral form). I also spent a lot of time looking at the Josef Sudek and Czech Photography exhibit.
And now I move on to skulls, the eyes and the nose. I was happy with my skull drawings, I feel like they were pretty accurate to the model that I had drawn from. It was helpful to actually be told that the back of the skull were actually bigger than the face, I honestly think I may have overlooked it if I was not actually told to watch for that. As for the eyes, I have always drawn faces from pictures and thought my eyes were the best part of all my drawings, and now I have the knowledge to make them even better by showing structure to help them seem less flat. I think the thing I will remember most about noses is to show the front and side plane, and to add that roundness to the end of the nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment