Wednesday, October 28, 2009

mid-term post

The url for my Flickr page is: www.flickr.com/photos/44112821@N02/

So far this semester, I feel that I have learned a lot. This class is teaching me an entirely new way to look at the human form as well as an entirely new way to draw. Being told not to draw the outline on the first day of class was something very new to me, as was not drawing shadows but using lines instead to show space and value shifts. I feel like I am getting better at keeping things in proportion, as I have noticed that I am not using my eraser as much as I used to. I am also getting stronger with my cross contour drawings.
By the end of the semester, I would like to have improved with my line quality, as I feel that a lot of my drawings seem very sketchy. I am also looking forward to drawing portraits, and hope that what I learn in this course will help with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment