Monday, October 12, 2009

Finally...A post for week 2!
















Here are two of my drawings from week 2.  The one on the top is the first cross contour drawing I have ever attempted.  It took a few minutes of studying the figure before I could decide on where to start.  I finally decided on the middle area of the back and worked from there.  It seemed easy enough once I got started, which gave me confidence for our first shell drawing.  
Unfortunately, I had an extremely difficult time with the shell, maybe because I was expecting it to be so easy.  I mean, the lines were pretty much there already, how hard could it be?  I became very frustrated very quickly.  I tore up several sheets of paper (wasteful, I know), took several breaks, even tried working from photographs of the shell but every time I started the drawing looked flat and wrong.  The bottom drawing is what I ended up with hours later.  It is not too impressive, but it was honestly the best drawing that I ended up with.  After Amy told me it was a decent start and gave me some pointers I was a bit less discouraged, and I am actually looking forward to trying this again when we get the larger shells.  

No comments:

Post a Comment