Monday, October 12, 2009

Week 5






This week we had a lecture on the ribcage and abdominal muscles.  I found that the abs were much easier than the spinus erectors, but then again we only had to build three of them.  The information was very helpful for class on Thursday, when we spent the class time doing gesture drawings in which we focused on drawing the spine, ribcage, and ab muscles.  My gesture drawings on Thursday started out a little rough but I got the hang of it as I kept working.  The drawing shown was from the last long pose on Thursday, and definitely my best of the day.  I felt like I had some trouble showing depth and space around the waist, and tried using some cross contour lines to convey the space.  Other than that I think I did a decent job of picking up on the visible lines created from the ribcage and showing them in this drawing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment